Sunday, May 15, 2011

Who are you?

 When you get older or middle aged like myself you tend to look back on your life a lot and wonder if it really was a life well lived. Well, at least I do. While reading this morning I came across the words of Bruce Lee who once again mirrored my introspective thoughts exactly. His writings move me so often that I thought the only way to pass his sentiment along was to not provide a summary but reprint them word for word. Enjoy...

"I am learning to understand rather than immediately judge or to be judged. I cannot blindly follow the crowd and accept their approach. I will not allow myself to indulge in the usual manipulating game of role creation. Fortunately for me, my self-knowledge has transcended that and I have come to understand that life is best to be lived and not to be conceptualized. I am happy because I am growing daily and I am honestly not knowing where the limit lies. To be certain, every day there can be a revelation or a new discovery. I treasure the memory of the past misfortunes. It has added more to my bank of fortitude."

1 comment:

  1. Conceptualization is the process by which we specify precisely what we mean when we use particular terms. Mr. Lee says to hell with the conceptualization of life...just live it. Don't try to make it more or less of what it is. This is beauty of the soul.

    ReplyDelete